Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday update

Well, Kade is doing better than when we got there. He was really fussy the whole time I held him at first. He seems really uncomfortable. By the time I left he was more comfortable but I think the tiny amount of formula he is getting is really hurting his belly. 

The neonatologist called and he is not doing good tolerating feeds as I said so no changes will be made on his amounts. They are hoping he may start to accept some of the formula and nutrients, but at this time he is "dumping" out everything they give him and not absorbing any of it. This is bad and not what he want him to do. It would be really bad if he doesn't tolerate these feeds so keep praying!

Its been a hard day! Think I may have a glass of wine tonight! :(

3 comments:

  1. can his intestines re-grow over time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked that question and I think the answer was that it can grow some, but he lost so much it would never be enough. I also asked about a transplant. Hell, they can transplant a face to a person, you would think they could transplant bowel. The answer was it hasn't had much success and they usually reserve that surgery to the people who are born with NO bowel or very very little since that survival rate is even lower. So, we are going to continue researching. I know that some docs do the transplant, but it is very risky. We don't want to risk messing up the bowel that he does have left.

    I would also like to say, I have never talked more about "bowel" in my life. :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Gre...we are still praying!!

    ReplyDelete