We went to visit Kade tonight. He was asleep the whole visit. His nurse, Trisha, said he has had a good day. He is off the pain medicine drip so they are just giving him pain meds as needed and he hadn't had any since 1:30pm. He didn't look like he was in pain tonight, but he was moving a lot in his sleep, so I told her he didn't look so comfortable hoping she would give him a little. His good nurse, Karen, was coming on tonight, so I was very happy! Karen is great! She is going to give him some happy medicine, I'm sure! She will not let him be in the lease bit of pain. Mark (his day primary nurse that is great!) called several times to check in on him Trisha said. That is probably because Mark worked Thursday thru Saturday last week, off Sunday, then back on Monday thru Wednesday. The only day he was off (Sunday) is when all hell broke loose....Sunday was the day of the major surgery... I thought that was nice that he was checking in on his day off.
Overall, they said he had a good day. His Gomco suction (to the stomach that takes out all the bile, secretions, etc) has not been putting out a lot of liquid and it is no longer the color of algae. It is now more clear green so that should more than likely be one more tube gone soon. That is the only thing still on his nose. So after that one, we are down to just his regular stuff (blood pressure cuff, Sat monitor that measures oxygen in the blood, Central line they put in Wednesday). Once they start introducing formula again with the TPN, he will get another little feeding tube down his nose, like he has had since birth basically. They are still basically waiting for his belly to heal up from the surgery. His ostomy is still putting out about the same, so they haven't had to give him a bag yet. I am praying they are able to reattach everything sooner than later. I sure hate to think he would possibly go home with a bag, amongst everything else...but whatever has to happen will happen. I don't care!!
So overall, the visit was good. He was resting which is what he needs. Each time we make that trip up there, it becomes more and more real that this is going to be our life for a while. I hate driving back and forth to Baton Rouge, but I can't imagine going a day without seeing him. He has to see his mom every day, right? He can't see the nurses more than his own family. The grandparents have done a great job of visiting him too (since they can go at any time without us) so that makes me feel better that he is seeing people often, even if he is sleeping...I know he knows we're there. He semi-smiled today while we were there in his sleep. It certainly made us smile!
They are going to try and move him back into a crib tonight. He is maintaining his temperature pretty good, so they said he doesn't need the warmer bed any longer.
Well, nothing big to report today. Right now is just a waiting game for him to heal up, so don't be alarmed if there isn't an update till late at night or if at all some days. I hate to keep repeating the same things over and over.
Again, thanks for all the love and support!
xoxo
G
keep on updating even if there is not much to report! i check in all the time to see how lil man is doing. :)
ReplyDelete