Kade is doing ok today. There is a lot to report.
I was actually able to hold him today for the first time since Sunday morning. That was the best thing ever. It was so nice to be able to hold him instead of watching him in the warming bed. He seemed to be in a little pain here and there. It really sucks because any time he makes so much as a whimper, I think that something else got kinked and he is about to have tons of pain. He looked really uncomfortable so the nurse was able to give him his last dose of pain medicine. They have now discontinued it since his pain is basically under control.
The Neo came in and said they were going to start attempting his feeds. VERY SLOWLY He gets 3ml/hour thru the IV and 10ml by bottle twice a day. This made him very happy according to the nurse, because he has really been acting hungry lately. Poor little guy though, he goes from eating by mouth and up to 6 times a day to not eating anything by mouth. They also added his bag today for his poop. Super yuck but must be done until the can reattach his colon.
When we got back for our night visit, he was resting very comfortably. He seemed a little pale to me and cool, but I kinda blew it off. We had some great visitors from New Orleans (Josh's family) & Aunt Linda so we had to rush them in before shift change. I think it is really a dumb rule that we can only have 2 people by the bedside and not 3. This means that if someone visits and we are both there, either me or Josh has to leave out. Once we both got back in there and I was able to see him some more, I decided to take his temp. He only had 96.3. I did it twice. I told the nurses as they were making shift change and they told me to try the other arm which I did but it was the same....ugh....so they came over and checked him out. They said they can't put more than 4 blankets on him or he has to have the warmer turned on. They didn't move him to the crib today because he has been having too low of temp. I am just praying that he is able to maintain his own body temp so we don't have to worry, because yep....I've been worried since we left...
So they started his feeds, his temp is too low, he bottle fed and wanted more, no crib yet, I got to hold him...yep those are the cliff notes. I'll call for an update later tonight for sure and lets hope he is doing ok.
xoxo
G
No comments:
Post a Comment