Kade is having a good day. He was resting peacefully when we got there. They discharged one of the babies near him today. That baby had the window view in the NICU. I asked if we could move to that spot and they let us. So we moved all his stuff and got him moved in. It is a much less depressing. He has a lot of sunlight. Where he was before was so gloomy and no natural light!
Dr. Hansborough also came in and was very nice today and not so rushed. She talked to the neo and talked them in to starting feeds back but just giving him a very small amount and make it less concentrated. Her words were "bells will be ringing... We have to move forward to get them home eventually...No sense in stopping totally unless necessary" I LIKE HER IDEA but that does not mean we'll be home anytime soon! This is a slooow process! So they agreed and now we are back to feeds giving 1ml/hr which is basically NOTHING but still something. They are going to let him bottle feed twice a day again too...i wish someone would make a decision and stick with it lol. They are also bringing in a Gastro doc to start following him. I think she said Dr. Tyson.
So all in all it was a good visit. He was alert when we were there but then Josh rocked him back to sleep before we left.
Keep the prayers coming.
Xoxo
G


Praying continually ! GOD BLESS ALL !
ReplyDeletePraying G!!!!! I think kade will love his new room. The dr sounds like shes not giving up. I like her Team Kade. BTW love ur hair!!
ReplyDeletei love this picture :)
ReplyDelete