This was how we left him...Josh and I got him all snuggled in and was trying to pat him back to sleep...didn't work too well. :( Nothing new to report really. He has Selena tonight for his nurse, which is good. I always like when he has a nurse that knows him, his case, his personality. It worries me when he doesn't. She said that his day nurse said he finally settled down and went to sleep around 5pm and she hadn't touched him since she got there. She was letting him sleep (it was 8:30) so I was glad to hear he was resting comfortably. If he didn't settle down until 5, that meant he was uncomfortable and fussy for 3 hours without me there holding him, but I can't think about that. They did have a "cuddler" (how would you like that job?), a volunteer old lady that just rocks babies all day long...sounds like a job for Sybil!!!
This was the first time Josh has held him since before last Saturday. I was so glad he got to hold and love on him. He talked to him a lot today and kissed all over him like I do. Kade loves to hold your hand. His hands and still as wild as the first days when he was born, for those of you who remember, and he is still very dramatic with them. I always try to hold his hands so he doesn't try to be so sneaky and rip those tubes out. He is something! :)
We started decorating for Christmas today. It was MUCH harder than I thought it would be. As I was taking out all the baby's 1st items that Kenli had I would bust out crying even more. Josh was ready to put everything back in the attic. lol..poor thing. I especially cried when I found a picture frame that Jamie had given me that had a picture of Kenli and Hunter on Santa's lap for the first time. I think that was more because my "two" first borns are growing up so fast!! Hunter and Kenli have been raised together so they are so much like brother and sister. Jamie and I each have a different feeling I would say for each other's children that is so unique. I truly love Hunter as my own. I can't believe how fast they have grown up! This is the first year Kenli really knows about Santa and understands it. She LOVES the elf! Today he was hiding in her booksack and she couldn't understand why she couldn't bring him to school, bc he hid there so he OBVIOUSLY wanted to stay there....lol
Well, if I get any more news, I'll update. I know my mom is going to the hospital first thing in the morning and Josh and I are going to try and go around lunch time I think so he is able to have someone with him. If he doesn't settle down before we leave, I will just have to have someone watch Ken until we get back, because I can't leave him uncomfortable again. Good thing is Mark, his favorite nurse, is back on tomorrow....not that Mark rocks him, but he tends to not cut up for Mark (as if he knows....lol)
xoxo
G
P.S. This is a video of Kade from right after his first surgery when he was about 3 or 4 days old...just thought I would share. I LOVE watching his hands in this...so funny!
that is so sweet how he fell asleep having his hand patted!! Too cute!
ReplyDelete