Couldn't sleep so I just called to check on Kade. He is resting well. She said every now and then he has been crying out, but she said it is not a pain cry, more of a hungry cry. Karen has had him many nights and definitely knows the difference so I am good with that. It is sad though that he has to become accustomed to not eating by mouth again. His poor little brain must be so confused. No bottle, bottle, no bottle, bottle... Ugh. Poor fella! She was going to put him in his new crib but said his temp was still fluctuating so she rathered wait a while. I did ask her when she thought I could hold him again and she said she doesn't know why I couldn't now. I haven't asked at all bc he did just have major surgery. If he is sore or in pain, we certainly don't want to mess with him. However, he needs some snuggle time with his mom and dad I think if he is swaddled up tight and up for some lovin... :) so depending on his nurse tomorrow, I may ask. I did learn a lesson after Sunday's almost tragic events...take more pictures and videos, take a family 4 picture even if it isn't the right setting & take pictures of everyone who holds or visits him. Things can change in an instant and I don't want to ever cry again about not having but a few pics of us and him or him and Kenli. So, Kade, prepare for your photo sessions coming soon!
I know I said this in the waiting room recently, but if you have pics of Kade that we may not have or video, we need to find a way to post to a central spot so everyone can view. I am about to make a photo book on shutterfly or something of the first 6 weeks since it looks like our time here has multiplied.
I hate that this is becoming less shock and more real for us, but we have to get thru this... And beat the odds!!! TEAM KADE!!
Cant wait to see all the pics and videos and glad to here he sounds content. Those are some really good nurses. Team Kade!!
ReplyDelete