Sunday, November 27, 2011

Rough Morning! :(

Today has been a rough morning to say the least.  I called to check on Kade when I woke up and check on his temp.  He actually is on the other spectrum now. Instead of it being too low, it is creeping up. His temp was 99.6.  Liz (his nurse from last Sunday that did such a great job with everything) is taking care of him today and called in the doctor because she is concerned about the output he is giving in his bag.  The goal is not to put out in your bag as much as they put into his system. That is called "dumping" for infants with these issues.  Well, unfortunately, it looks like Kade is dumping (although I have not talked to the doctor yet to confirm everything).  He is in a crib now and out the warming bed. 

I am going up there, but really have such an uneasy feeling about today. I sure wish Josh wasn't working days. I call him my bodyguard on days like today.... For some reason, I can't stop crying. I am just so worried about this, because if he is dumping, that means he is not tolerating the feeds and there isn't much you can do. And of course, this also means he isn't getting the nutrition absorbed that he needs either...ugh... so anyway, as soon as I can find someone to watch Kenli, I am going up there. Brenda Sue is going to bring me. Please say some prayers that this all works out the way it is supposed to.  I don't know how else to pray anymore. :(

Thanks everyone!
xoxo
G

No comments:

Post a Comment