We are almost OFF OF TPN!!!! yippee!!!!!! TPN lowered to 3ml/hr and increased formula to 23ml continuous and bottle feed three times a day. I am holding my breath though, because signs today indicate possible dumping. After we bottle fed him, he was putting back more than we were giving him in his bag. We fed him 23-25cc around 4ish and 30 mins later, Mark pulled 33cc out the bag. This wouldn't be a big deal if he would gain weight. But the last two nights he has lost weight. He was around 9.1 then now I think he was down to 8.8 (DON'T QUOTE ME... Not exactly sure) :( I wouldn't be surprised if they stay the same or go up on TPN :(( but I will have faith.
Also, he gave me a scare today. After I fed him, Brenda came in to visit and when I went to give him to her, he started choking like and wouldn't take any breaths. It seemed that he was trying to throw up but nothing was happening. I normally do pretty good with all this stuff with him, but BREATHING is not something I take lightly... So after I panicked and semi-yelled for the nurse, we put him in the bed and he had to use the suction machine to get everything out his nose and back of his throat. Then he took a deep breath. Whew!!! And all was fine afterwards!! (about 15secs after that Brenda was gone... Lol. She said she can't take all that...it scared her half to death)
Once that was all handled the ostomy nurse came in to check on Kade's bag and to see why it isn't holding. She made a couple suggestions but told Mark he was doing a good job and couldn't recommend much more. Exactly! And since his primary nurses have been having him, it does seem like we are getting better results. They already know what works and doesn't work. His skin has healed.
While that skin has healed, the skin under his neck is very concerning. It looks like a heat rash or yeast or something under his chin. They are watching that like a hawk, bc it is so close to his broviac (central IV line to the blood).
So minus the couple of big things, we had a good visit. Kenli visited until Brenda came and got her but she was able to read him a couple books again today. He also got a new finger puppet from Aunt Rose so Aunt Jojo is going to have some fun with that!! (video to follow)
Well, goodnight everyone. Have a Happy New Year! I have NEVER been more ready for a fresh start in a new year!!! What's your new years resolution? I would say mine but don't want to be so accountable on it. Lol... Just in case
Thanks for the prayers and please keep them coming!!!
Xoxo
G
No comments:
Post a Comment