Sorry I didn't update yesterday. We were so busy. We had the Wisdom family Christmas party then went to see Kade. Josh got called out to work nights last night and I started coming down with a cold. :(( So then today, I am so congested on my right side and it isn't easing up, even with sudafed.
I decided that I shouldn't go to the hospital with this cold, so today marks the first time I have not seen my baby. I have been there every day (sometimes twice a day) for 8 weeks. ughhh....sucks!!!!!! I did send out the troops though. I asked my parents and Josh's parents to go hold him this morning and afternoon. He couldn't go all day without a familiar face!
So, yesterday they upped his feeds to 8ml/hr. They weren't supposed to do this until today or tomorrow, but I assume they know what they are doing. They will be increasing tomorrow to 10ml/hr. I'm not sure which number we are gunning for, but increasing is better than decreasing. Today, Mark told me his output to his bag (where they determine if he's dumping or not) has been "outstanding"! That was a good word to hear when talking about Kade,. We haven't heard that yet. These are, of course, very very much baby steps! We haven't begun to try and tackle the bigger steps yet. One day at a time though, right?
I still haven't finished Christmas shopping. I am just sooooo unmotivated!! Plus, I don't feel like fighting the traffic! So, if you normally get a gift and don't this year, we will make it up to you next year! I promise!!
Also, very important...The baby I asked you to pray for, Kammy (Kamryn) is undergoing emergency surgery right now. Her stomach was distended and they think she is leaking infection in her body from one of the spots they repaired. This is very very serious! They were told they should know if she will live/die by tonight. It makes me sick to my stomach! Poor baby has been through enough. Please say extra prayers for all these babies I have been mentioning. They are all from people we know. I can't believe they are all so sick! Get Well Soon Kade, Kamryn, Jack, Cooper and Avery!
Gretchen,I hope this comment finds Kamryn stable and improving. I know that families become so close in the NICU. I am glad to hear my little buddy is upping his feeds and not giving it all back via dumping! YES!!!
ReplyDeleteNow, on to you, take care of yourself so you can get rid of that nasty cold and go cuddle up on that little man. I know it is killing you to not go visit little dude but you are doing the right thing! Well, that's all the advice from Dr. Cherie Cheerleader...LOL!
Give Kade a smooch for us! And, we are still praying for all the babies!
Go, Team Kade!!!