Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Backing down on TPN and up on feeds!!!

Well, good news today. They have decided to back off the TPN from 16ml/hr to 14ml/hr.  It is just a little bit, but its a start!! They also upped his formula continuous feeds to 10ml/hr.  So basically as we continue to increase formula with continuous feeds, we back on TPN. The goal is to be on full feeds.  Also, they called the Cleft team in New Orleans and they are confident that when they do the palate surgery at 10 mths, they will be able to put tubes if necessary and allow him to hear. Woman's is going to retest hearing, but I can assure you he will fail. They boy cannot hear. I have gone in his room every day for 8 weeks and he makes no reaction to my voice or even when something drops on the floor enough to make me jump out my shoes.

Kenli rocked him today and actually pretty much rocked him to sleep! She is so good at this sister thing. She did, however, pout and pout because I wouldn't let her feed him. 

I am so tired tonight, so going to bed early. Thank the Lord my mom has Kenli. We are only on day 2 of Christmas break for her and I am about to pull my hair out! lol She is a baaaad listener!

xoxo
G

3 comments:

  1. You dont REALLY have to listen all that much when you are that cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing the GO KADE dance and wiggle over here! Way to go, Kade! Baby steps are still steps in the RIGHT direction!

    Enjoy your mommy break tonight! Have a glass of wine...that's my recommendation! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take my girl! We will have to plan for me to have her for a few days next week.

    ReplyDelete