I just called to get an update on Kade. He was just waking up and had a good night. He weighed 8.11 lbs!!! He is gaining weight, which is great! They are still talking about increasing strength of the feeds every other day, but when we give him the bottle feed (10cc at one time) he tends to give it all back to them. So they think if we keep increasing very slowly he may become tolerable to it.
Yesterday was a good day.We had Kenli's Christmas party yesterday, then she went and played with Aunt Jamie and Hunter at Aunt Jamie's school so we could go visit Kade. She had a lot of fun playing in all the toys! Kade was sooo sweet!! I held him when we got there for about an hour and he just gazed up at me and stared the whole time. He started reaching for my face and the occupational therapist came in and saw him doing that. She came running over and was so impressed that he was "bringing his hands to the middle of his body and then reaching for me". Apparently that is a big deal to an occupational therapist. LOL I was just happy he noticed me... Then later I got a call from another OT that said they had gotten Kade down on the floor and was working with him on the mat. She said she was so impressed by the strength in his head, arms, and legs. She said his head control is very good! In Down's babies, they have very little muscle tone, but so far, every OT that has worked with him has been impressed at his strength and also that he is not so "floppy". So he did great with OT.
He still can't have visitors bc of his cold. It is getting better though, but poor thing is so congested! His grandparents went yesterday, but they have to wear a mask. The neo says we should continue with the masks when he can have visits bc of his susceptibility to illness right now and with the sudden changes in weather people get sick more. So when he can have visits again, I'll let you know.
So as soon as Josh gets up today (he worked nights last night) we will be going visit again. I am eager to spend some time with him, because I had limited time yesterday. I had to get back to town to pick up Ken and Hunter from Jamie's class and then we went to make gingerbread houses. THAT was an experience! It was a first for all three of us, but it was so much fun and turned out cute considering we had no idea what we were doing!

whoop whoop go Kade!! So happy to hear good reports with his OT! =) He's a strong little man. Hope that cold goes away soon. Love y'all!
ReplyDelete