Sunday, December 4, 2011

Mama Kenli holds Kade...funny video attached

Kade has had a good day today. He got a lot of sister lovin!  Kenli held Kade for the second time and she surely thought he was the best little brother ever. I was finally able to get good use of those shirts I bought them before Kade was born (Kirsha, you should love them...lol...  :) I know how much you "love" monogramming)  Kade was soooo alert! You really wouldn't know he is a sick baby by looking at him other than his little lip.





Someone told something I will never forget when I found out that he had a cleft lip and I was so devastated at the initial shock and whatnot. She has a son with a cleft lip and had already gotten it fixed. She said,  
"We get to fall in love with our babies TWICE!!! Who can say that?!?!? You know they look different after their surgery and because you have already fallen in love with them the way they were born, once they have surgery, you have to get used to his new face and fall in love all over again!!!!"
Thank you Lorenna!! You were right!

I never thought this could be true. I was so scared I would initially look at my baby differently, but we really haven't!  Even though I haven't had the chance to get his cleft looked at, much less have even had a chance to think about it, it is so crazy how cute I think it is. She is so right, we love him just how he is already and think his smile IS cute. It's hard to imagine him without the cleft. :)

As far as the medical side of today, they are increasing the strength of the formula to 3/4 strength. Little by little they have to increase everything, because he is losing weight and they don't want that to happen.  He now weighs 7.2lbs.  His output has gotten slightly better.  He is not giving them back everything they are giving him, so that is better, but he is still giving them a whole lot.  :-/

When we went to visit on our late night Saturday visit last night, I brought him the light up aquarium to put in his bed and he LOVED IT!!! LOL His eyes were as big as saucers when he saw that big blue light in his bed! It was so funny!! Aunt Jami certainly thought so too!


Jami, Jaci, Jodi, Brooke, Britney, Kirsten & Jordan all came with us for our Saturday night run.  I wish the girls could see Kade. Jami said Britney told her "is Kade going to even know we are his cousins??" I said, I feel the same way!! LOL...I say does he even know I'm his mom or does he think the nurses are...lol! I know he knows though, so hopefully we can get the girls back soon since it looks like our stay has been extended passed the initial 4-6 week prediction from birth.  

I got a super cute video of Kenli holding Kade and talking to him. She is so funny! She thinks he is her baby doll. This was only the second time she held him, and as you will see in the video, she tried to sit him up so she could "pat his back and burp him"... (which is why I almost dropped the camera...lol)  She is going to be a great big sister! 

 

Have a great night!

xoxo
G

7 comments:

  1. I love, love, love, that video!! I also love their shirts!! She is such a sweet big sister!!! Tell her aunt Ashlee loved seeing her hold Kade!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...thanks!!! So glad you can see everything on here. I am not putting everything on Facebook and I want yall to be able to see everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! i'm going to have to break down and get a monogrammed shirt that says TEAM KADE!!

    Love & miss you

    ReplyDelete
  4. great shirts!! Super cute video, i'm loving on your 'accent' (i know i must have a california one lol) and kenli is so fun! she is a great big sis to "kadester" (love that)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these pictures and the video. We knew mother Hubbard was gonna be a great big sister. Kade is an amazing little boy. definitely ready for my TEAM KADE shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kirsha- yes we do! Lol
    J9- what accent? ;)
    Jami- I know...we are going to have to watch her like a hawk. She'll rip an IV out quick! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kenli looks like the happiest kid ever! lol she is loving it. I love all the pics. Kade looks so good, lil cutie! I love the one of him looking at the light. Miss you! Oh and thanks to Kirsha I FINALLY am able to post a comment.

    ReplyDelete