Kade is doing well. Yesterday, we brought his swing up here and it was the funniest thing. He LOVED IT but sure looked confused. He has been in a bed for 7 weeks, so this was a welcomed change for him. He really liked it!
I was able to stay yesterday from 10-4:45...it was so nice. I enjoyed rocking him, putting him in his swing, reorganizing his clothes again (who would have ever thought I would say that..me? Reorganizing? ...Lol), but we had a really good day. He was sleepy most of it, but as long as we had our pacifier, he had no problems.
Dr.Lindsey called this morning and said "Kade's output looks great" which means he is tolerating feeds better and not "dumping" everything. He has gained an ounce a day for the last two days which is fantastic. As long as he isn't losing weight, we're good!
So, they are increasing his feeds to full strength, but still only 1ml/hr and two 10ml twice a day by bottle. She said in the next day or so we will increase to 2ml/day and so on. We just have to literally creep up on the volume he is getting to make sure his stomach can tolerate an not cause him to go backwards. That is the thing about Kade's care...it is going to be VERRRRY slow, which is good for him but hard for us. We just have to prepare to be here for the long haul!
I have told everyone that knows us well here that my rule is I WILL NOT MOVE TO THE NEW WOMANS HOSPITAL IN JUNE!!! that is my cutoff. They are opening there new hospital June 3rd and I BETTER not be there to cut the ribbon!!! That will be when I will really lose it and they are going to need a special ward for me!!! Lol. Let's all pray VERRRY hard this does not happen!
I started working on my Christmas card / birth announcement last night. Josh thinks I'm nut for doing this. The thing is, I like to design my own and not drop a picture into one on walmart.com. and I get them printed where I get Kenli's pics printed. So four hours later, I had three cards...none of which I loved (that is the part he said I was crazy on) but I was able to take Kade's pics yesterday since I was here so long and several really came out good and I wanted to share. Lets hope I can get them printed and MAILED before Christmas!
Well, I think that is all there is to report today. Will update tonight if something changes.
Keep praying!
Xoxo
G
Thank the LORD! Thank the LORD !
ReplyDeleteKade Michael, our little miracle blessing, we are still praying for you! Your growth and healing is going to surprise many! :) Love you...JoJo
ReplyDelete