Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Busy day today!

Wow! We have had a full day.  Our intent was to get up and get moving around 9, but that led to us not leaving the house until 11. So after we got our late start, we ate lunch at Subway and Ms. Julie came to meet Kade and bring him some Christmas presents. I was sooo excited with what she brought him. She was my monogram lady for over a year, and she is the best.  She knows exactly what I like. So anyways, she brought Kade some stuff and even Kenli a Christmas shirt! :)


So after she left, we visited with Kade for  a little while and had to hurry back to get to Kenli's birthday party at school. Her birthday isn't until the 27th, but since she will be on Christmas holidays, they celebrate early.  She brought cupcakes and they sang and she surely enjoyed herself, along with wearing the party hat.



Josh and I got in the attic today and got the bouncy seat, swing and some other things that we can bring to Kade while he is in the hospital. This is going to be great for him because he is really getting restless in his bed. He is in there so much that one side of his head is kinda flat.  :/ Also, he is sooo addicted to his pacifier that is makes everyone's life pretty difficult since he can't hold it in his mouth due to the cleft. We are hoping this will entertain him a little more.

After we did all that and got everything cleaned up, I decided to make a trip back to the hospital. I really didn't get to visit long enough since we overslept and I missed my little man. I drove back up with my friend, Dawn, and we were able to be there during his bath time. That was the first time I bathed him.  He weighed 7.9 pounds! YAY!! Gaining weight!! Also, he is still "dumping" out most of what they give him, but is has decreased and they are upping his calories so that is all good news. That means that he is dumping less even though they are increasing formula which means he is tolerating feeds slightly better than he was (which was not at all before).  So we had a good visit tonight.  Hopefully he is good for his nurse tonight. 

Well, that's about it for today.  Remember, no news is good news with Kade so if I don't update every day, that means good news! :)

Continue the prayers!!

xoxo
G

3 comments:

  1. I prayed with Kyla while I was tucking her in tonight. After saying Amen, she said, "Mama, you forgot to pray for Kade Michael!" This was only a few hours after she said when she grows she's gonna go to the hospital to go see Kade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Thankful! Contually Praying ! GOD BLESS ALL !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that Kyla is too sweet!!

    Thanks jojo and Tim for the continued prayers.

    ReplyDelete