Saturday, December 24, 2011

this was supposed to be posted last night...sorry for the delay!

Christmas Eve....the day that marks day 65 for our little fighting tiger in the NICU. I wish I could say it didn't feel like day 65, but it feels like day 465. Sometimes, I think you get used to it, but then you get 1 bad day followed by several bad days and it all starts over. I really thought we would be ok during Christmas, but the more parties we go to, the harder it becomes...we're just going thru the motions and thinking the whole time 'Kade should be here', but then quite nice to get back in the bed afterwards.

Today, I got a very pleasant visit with Kade, thanks to Chelsea! She had Kenli for a few hours and I went by myself and got on his playmat with him. He enjoyed being on the floor!! Got some cute pics, I'll post. He looked like a precious little elf! Lol. The fabulous, nurse Liz was there. She is so wonderful with Kade! And Selena is on tonight. Both great & sweet to us!

Selena gave him his bath tonight and he weighed 8.15.... He is a little piglet! Never thought I could be happier about a baby gaining weight!

Tonight, we had Broussard Christmas party. All week, we have been hearing about how we "just didn't have enough food" ( over and over). After getting there, my response was did we have enough counter??? TONNNNNNNNS of food!! For ex, MAIN: gumbo, white bean soup, two kinds rice dressing, sweet potato crunch, potato salad, cornbread dressing, fried turkey, seasoned turkey roll, APPETIZERS: meatballs, chips and dip SWEETS: coconut, peanut butter fudge, fruit tart, some kind of cake,white choc. Cookies, white choc pretzels, pretzel turtles, choc fudge, sweet tray...etc etc...and the list goes oooooon. All in all, the food was grrrreat as always. My mom outdid herself as usual!

After they left, we opened gifts from mom and dad. Kade got some rattles, books and toys from Keegan and mom. Bri- got a radio flyer wagon and other coloring stuff, Kenli got (and played with until 1:30am an art desk...omg she loves it!! We hated to miss the Marino party but this was the only time Keegan and I would be home at the same time to see my mom and dad. 

xoxo
G

No comments:

Post a Comment