Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas is here! and Kade is not! :(

Well, reality check...Christmas is here and Kade is not. I really am trying to keep running for Ken. She is so cute this year with her elf.  Tonight when we were going to bed, I told her we had to read the elf book one more time and she had to tell Elfie goodbye. It was soooo adorable! She ran over to him and said, "bye Elfie! I'm gonna really miss you! Thanks for telling Santa how good I was and I love you and see you later alligator...oh and Kade was good too! Bye!"  Well, can I tell you the tears were flowing!!! Not only because of how adorable and sweet that was, but because she is growing up SO FAST!!! I just want to freeze time!!! I don't want her growing any more!!  Anyways, she wrote a note to Santa, so we are covered on Kade's presents!

We did everything we were supposed to do! Put out Reindeer food, Cookies and capri sun (lol...out of milk!!), told the elf goodbye, read the elf book one last time, & note to Santa...whew! Busy evening when we got home at 10pm.  See how much fun below:

Putting out reindeer food

Letter to Santa

 It says: Dear Santa, Please leave Kade's presents here.  We bring them 
to the hospital tomorrow for him to play with. He has been VERY GOOD! 
Merry Christmas!
Love, Kenli


Reading the Elf on the Shelf and saying our goodbyes!



Cookies and Capri Sun (out of milk! Bad mama!)

well, that's about it for now. We are going to the hospital tomorrow as soon as Kenli is ready to go up there. Then we have Jodi's house tomorrow. whew!!! LAST PARTY! WOOOHOOO!! Except for Tuesday, when Kenli turns 4! We have no plans but I am going to need to make some!


UPDATE ON KADE:
OOOPS, almost forgot!! Major good thing here. He is now tolerating more formula, less TPN.  Which means, he is now down to 10ml/hr on his TPN (he started at 17ml/hr), and his continuous feed formula rate is up to 14 ml/hr.  Kade's FAVORITE part is going to be that he now gets 14 ml twice a day from the bottle. His favorite!! So assuming he is doing well with this increase and not dumping, we will continue to move forward.  Both Drs said that they usually will hit a point where they reach their limit and have to go down on the feeds.  This only happened in the beginning once. Let's all gather in prayer that this doesn't happen again!!

Everyone have a very merry Christmas!! I could use some strength prayers tonight and tomorrow.I think it is starting to hit me...but this too shall pass! I thought missing Thanksgiving was a big deal...Now I think, why did I care???!!!! Well, I hope that happens when I look back here too!

xoxo
G



4 comments:

  1. Loved all of the pictures! Especially the ones of you and Ken reading the bedtime stories. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! We had fun! Next year will be even better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures! Enjoyed spending lots of time with y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh loved all the pics! Her hair and night gown!! TOO adorable.

    ReplyDelete