Thursday, December 15, 2011

No change really... going up on feeds

<p>There really wasn't anything to report last night. When the Neo called she kinda blew off the blisters on face (nothing more they can do, he has to have the tube taped), the congestion etc. They will increase feeds to 4ml/hr today./p>
<p>The audiology place called this morning to 'schedule' an appt for Kade. I told the woman twice that he was in the Nicu still. Finally when she starts giving me directions to the place, I said loudly "I said he is IN THE NICU STILL". Then she responds, oh well we can't test him until he gets out....grrrrr. so basically, if Kade can't hear and it is something we could fix really quick by removing the fluid, he can't have that until he is out of here (which my be six+ months!!! Grrrr again). I am so aggravated! That means that if it is just fluid, he will have to wait over 6mths to hear someone talk.<br>
The poor child already has Downs and cleft palate which BOTH hinder their speech! Now, they want me to just patiently wait?&nbsp; NOPE! NOT THIS GIRL! I am going to talk to every Neo I see about this.&nbsp; As important as the stomach is, this is equally important to me if it can be fixed earlier than later!</p>

Well, I will try to update later. Kenli has a play tonight, so not sure how much I will get done.

2 comments:

  1. Ummmm, sounds like maybe the audiologist needs an audiologist! Seriously, if this is something that is important to you, absolutely bring it up to every single person that comes into any kind of contact with Kade. You never know who may know someone or have some off the wall connection!

    Poor little man to have his cheeks all blistered from that tape.

    Let us know how Kenli's play goes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont blame you. Why wouldnt someone have a portable machine or something.

    ReplyDelete