I called and checked on Kade around 11:30. He had just fallen asleep. He was up tonight for some reason. Normally after they give him his bath and bottle, he is too worn out to stay up. Tiffany said he did gain a little weight tonight. He was 8.13 last night and tonight he weighed 9.012. I was so glad to here he had gained little. We have to keep going up on formula AND weight. Today was not a feed/TPN increase day, so everything stayed the same. Also, his total output for the day so far (from 7a-12a) was 50cc. That is great. To consider it dumping, he has to put out 40-50 cc's per Kilo and he is right at 4 Kilos.
We visited him today and he was wide awake! Kenli was ready to hold him and play. She really does a good job keeping him content most of the time when she hold him.
After that picture of her looking so sweet, she decided that she was no longer Kenli and would only answer to "Nurse", not Nurse Kenli, just NURSE....lol...She got really mad when I told her to come here and stop messing with Kade's bed. Her response was "I'm the nurse and you can't tell the nurse what to do or fuss at her" LOL!!! THAT GIRL IS SOMETHING!!!
| Trying to Help Nurse Mark do his job, but figures out there is nothing she can do and starts pouting...lol |
| "Nurse" hiding because nurses don't take pictures OR NAPS! |
This is also a video from today of Kenli playing with Kade.
Tonight was a good night. Josh did some BBQ ribs and chicken and we got Kenli some fireworks. She loved them!! I let her come with me and light a few and it was so funny how she would scream and run back to "base" lol...She had a good time.
Tomorrow, I am going eat lunch at my parents with Kenli. (Josh is staying home and watching football....booooring) Then we will FINALLY open presents with my Godchildren (the Bickhams). They are about to die since they know they have more presents to open and haven't been able to. Kenli has been talking about it for 3 days! LOL.
After that, a visit with my little man! Tomorrow is an increase day, *I think*, so I'll keep you posted on how he does. Eventually he will reach a cap and let us know that he has hit his limit. I just hope it isn't too soon. We were supposed to see the surgeon today, but, of course, she didn't show up. I don't really care. I rather not have that surgery this week anyway. I just want him as healed and healthy as he can be.
Kenli asked the nurse today when she would let Kade come home :( It broke my heart. This is so much for her little brain to wrap around and she sees other people's siblings at home with them. I just pray it is soon where she will be able to enjoy him being little like he is. I don't want to miss all that either. I want him to still be my little baby baby when he comes home and not a 6 month old....but whatever has to happen will happen. so, please keep us in your prayers....I think the repetitive motion of going up there every day is wearing off and it is definitely becoming more real. I just don't know if I can handle another 4-6 months of this. It is too much! We want our little miracle home (but not too soon, of course!)
Thanks so much for the prayers and lets hope 2012 is 100% better than that dang 2011.
xoxo
G
Kenli rocking the baby "PRICELESS" !!!!
ReplyDeletewhat if Kenli really became "Nurse Kenli" one day... that would be something huh
ReplyDelete