Friday, January 6, 2012

Lost a little weight again, but still off TPN

I think Kade finally got his days and nights corrected. He has been sleeping straight thru the last three days! He just hasn't felt good. Yesterday, he was more yellow and pale, but looked better than earlier in the week. Now that the liver medicine is going in the IV, Kade has no choice but to absorb it. It is going straight to the blood. They may do more liver testing Saturday or Monday. He did do the barium enema yesterday as well. I know he passed but never talked to the doc about results.

Started getting bills in for his stay...all I can say is they are going to give a lonely paperweight some business. I will be stacking them in a corner until they decide to send me the CORRECT bills. I hate calling insurance, but when I finally do...it's about 2 hours and they reprocess every claim properly and then I pay the correct amount. Just a pain to do it!!!

I have also been told I am horrible about returning phone calls...I'm sorry if I have missed you. Truth is, I rarely answer my phone bc most of the time I am in the NICU and if it rings and I talk I will get in trouble. For example, I was at the hospital from 9:30- 7p yesterday. Only leaving for about twenty mins to eat subway... Also though, this was the point of this blog: to keep people informed as best as they can thru my updates. Josh and I tell even our moms sometimes to check the blog thru the day bc something may have happened, because we don't call them for every little thing unless it's an emergency. Unfortunately, you get a much better response when you text or email us bc we can respond to that when we are in the room.

So anyway, no party for Ken's birthday this year. We may just do cake and ice cream when Josh comes off of nights. Our home life is sooo upside down, a party would add even more stress. (remember, I had to shut out 7lightbulbs in my bathroom...to those of you who know the funny story.)lol

We have been getting really nervous about Kade's surgery. Please continue to pray he does well. They are going to try to do his G-tube at the same time as his colon reconnection (reanastamosis). I am just really hoping his liver gets in gear and starts correcting itself.

Well, that's about all for right now. I will update later tonight. I do have some videos to post later that are really cute.

Keep the prayers coming our way!

Xoxo
G

Oh and he did lose back down to 9.0 today but they are keeping his off TPN and giving the liver meds a fair shot to work

2 comments:

  1. Gretchen, I cannot imagine how stressful this looming surgery is for you. I will pray extra hard that you will feel God's presence and peace more in the coming days. Also praying for Kade to gain weight. I've offered him some of my extra weight before and the offer still stands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Cherie. I am offering weight too! HAA My sister in law called and said people are calling her about the shirts...lol...i thought we were joking, but apparently people are taking us serious! I told Jami that if they wanted us to do something, we could just use them for the buddy walk later in the year. :)

    ReplyDelete