Friday, January 6, 2012

11 weeks old today

Well, Kade is 11 weeks old today.   Wow! I wish I could say it doesn't feel like he has been in the hospital that long, but it feels like an eternity! He is certainly a very very sweet baby boy!  Jami kept Kenli for a sleep over last night and Josh and I slept late... hallelujah!!! That was the best sleep I have had in quite some time! Once we got up and cooked lunch, I called to check and see how Kade's morning was.  They told me had been pretty fussy and a cuddler had him.  You know what that means....I packed up everything, got dressed and high tailed it up to the hospital.  When I got there, Mark was playing with him in the bed, but he wasn't dressed and they had to change his broviac dressing. They had just changed his bag and so he was screaming to the top of his lungs even with Mark playing with him. By the time they finished with that, I got him dressed, scooped him up and before I even sat with him, he was already dozing off. He was worn slap out!! Poor baby!!!  I will be soooo sooo soooooo happy when he is reconnected so they don't have to disturb him with all this bag business.

Dr. Klar called and said that his output was pretty good and so they were keeping feeds the same for a time period until he started gaining weight.  Tonight, he still weighed 9.0 lbs....so no gain, BUT NO LOSS! WHEW! He either isn't looking as yellow lately (bc of his liver issues) or I am getting used to it. I thought he looked pretty good minus the tape hurting his skin again. It is breaking him out pretty good under his broviac, on his face and where his bag is.  Mark said he thought they would test the liver function levels again, but if not, they would do it Monday.  I am really hoping for an improvement.

It looks like two of Kade's roommates will be going home possibly next week.  I am really happy for them, but it makes us a mess to see people coming and going. I know soon enough we will have our baby home.  And honestly, I don't really want him home right now. That scares me to death! I know he taken care of at the hospital and there are eyes on him 100% of the time and he is in a sterile environment.  I can't imagine taking him out of his little "bubble"...not to mention that is when the real work begins. Back and forth and back and forth to doctors appointments, surgeons, etc.  I just don't know.  I know he is so safe there and when he comes home, there will be no monitors, blood work every Monday, etc. It will all be on us and that is quite scary! I don't know if I will ever sleep again. lol...I told Josh we need to get a bassinet or a smaller crib, cause I don't see him EVER moving to his room...He needs to be very close to us!

Yesterday, Jodi came to visit Kade and she was alllll set to go. She loves to do a puppet show with him, and to be quite honest he like it too!  During her Old MacDonald rendition, he smiled really big!  It was so sweet!! She is so funny! Aunt Roses (as Kenli calls her) gave him a hand puppet and so Jodi made own words to it.
 



Kenli was in rare form last night too.  She was acting so silly! She was getting ready to be picked up to go sleep at Aunt Jami's but had to hold Kade first.  This video is quite funny! She is a mess!



Well, that is all for tonight.  Have a great one! Geaux Saints!!

xoxo
G

No comments:

Post a Comment