Well, not such great news today. Kade's liver levels increased again and his crit raised slightly. (to understand crit, go back to last Monday's post) You can definitely tell because he is quite yellow/pale (yellow- liver, pale-crit)
For his liver, it can't be fixed by just putting him under a light like most normal babies, that is for indirect liver levels. Kade's direct liver levels are increased, which can only be treated with medicine and time. He is tolerating feeds very good, so the plan WOULD HAVE been to shut off TPN TODAY.... BUT, Kade hasn't gained weight. He keeps going up and down, so they can't stop it until he would start gaining consistently. So like we have feared all along, the longer we are on TPN, the higher risk of liver damage, liver failure, etc. they did start him on Phenobarbital to try and assist in the increasing levels.
As for his crit, it went up to 24. They would like to see it at least at 30. If it stays this low and the surgeon decides to reconnect him, they would not be able to do that surgery this week without giving him a blood transfusion or blood a couple days before. I DO NOT WANT HIM IN SURGERY THIS WEEK! I just have a bad feeling! He has been so limp and pale and not himself. Ugggh
Sooo, we are "supposed" to see the surgeon tomorrow, but I have been told for a week now we would see her Saturday(that just passed...), and we are YET to see her. I am getting so frustrated with this hurry up and wait crap!!
Also, last night somehow his broviac came out...not the whole appliance (thank God), but the j loop that keeps it from coming out and stops any tension so it cant come all the way out. They also had to get an x-ray to ensure it hadn't moved since it is so close to the heart. The actual broviac itself had not moved thankfully so the nurses went back in and fixed the loop, etc. Whew!!!
I have been here since 12ish and he has been sleeping ever since. I haven't held him or anything because he looks so peaceful. I did finally bring all his clothes and reorganized his room (again...lol). I also wiped every single thing in here down with sterile wipes... I know Josh is going to ask where did this burst of energy come from, bc my house looks like a tornado passed thru it three times! I guess it's just nervous energy.
Kenli and I had lunch with Hunter this morning because he turned 4 today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE MAN!! thank you nanny Jamie for taking Ken while I came to visit Kade. That is soooo helpful!!!
Well, I know the other Aunt Jami is coming visit in a bit. Hope everyone has a good day!!
Thank God the entire Brovice (spelling????) didn't come out!
ReplyDeleteSugar Booger needs to gain some weight like his cheerleader and then he can get off that stuff so his liver will calm down! If he needs some extra weight, his cheerleader is more than willing to donate some. If only it were that easy, right? :)
Well, even if today's report wasn't the absolute best, I am still cheering for your little man! Plant some smooches on those cheeks!