Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Kade Michael is FINALLY off TPN...at least for a little bit!!!!

For all you medical people, here are Kade's stats this week. I know some have asked so they can keep up. He doesn't look or feel well at all. HOWEVER, they finally took him OFFFFFFF TPN!!!!!! thank you Lord! I am actually whispering this because if he doesn't continue to gain weight, he will have to go back on. He gained a tiny bit last night and tonight he Weighed 9lbs. 1.5oz. As long as the scale is going up, this is great! I think they were all but forced to take him off because his liver levels are so elevated.

Crit: last week 22.8 this week 24.1, should be at least 30

Liver function:
ALT LEVEL: Was 140 now it's 270 (enzyme found in liver and kidney)
AST LEVEL: Was 107 now it's 191
Billireuben: was 1.7 now 2.4

He has whats called cholestasis jaundice, which is not curable by the bright lights or sun. Time and meds help it, but it takes a while to start looking better. Just hoping he can get off TPN long enough to give his body a break!

They have him on phenobarbital medicine for his liver, but he is dumping it...hopefully he is absorbing some.

He looks really pale and very yellow. He has been sleeping constantly. Tonight, he did wake up for a little bit and Tiffany let him play on the floor and in his swing and said he really enjoyed it! That is the most movement in two days!

Surgeon never showed up AGAIN...SOOO AGGRAVATED! I'm about to pull my crazy card and get SOMEONE to assess him! He hurts so bad when that bag is changed so frequently!

The Neo called again today and she is "supposed" to call the neo tomorrow. I understand the lady is busy, but my baby is just as important!! I am thankful that he isn't having major surgery, HOWEVER, his skin is coming off with every bag change...GET OVER HERE, LADY!! ugghhh!!

So anyway, we will be visiting him all day again tomorrow and hopefully he will look and feel better. On top of everything else, it looks like he is getting another cold! :((( WHEN will this child ever catch a break?!?

Thanks so much for the continued prayers!!

Xoxo
G

1 comment:

  1. So I definitley dont understand the medical terminology and levels BUT its good to hear that he is still gainiing weight! Continuing to pray pray pray. Love you!

    ReplyDelete