I was finally able to see the surgeon today and ask lots of questions. It looks like Kade is on the board for his reconnection surgery either late next week or the week after. They also talked about possibly combining a surgery and doing the G-tube instead of the button. I'm not sure what is the difference is. He was supposed to have it this Monday or Tuesday, but since his liver levels have gone up, they have to take more blood work and make sure he is healthy enough to go into surgery.
they are going to get a barium study this week to see the path of his colon in his body... They are also now able to put his liver medicine in his central line. Thank God! Before he wasn't digesting, so this way it is directly to the blood line.
He looked a little better today. Not as yellow as yesterday. His bag is still having to be changed very often.
well, I am too tired to type much more... All this lack of sleep is catching up with me....whew!
Keep praying!!
xoxo
G
Glad Kade is looking better. Sometimes you don't need blood work to tell that things are improving! :)
ReplyDeleteI will send some extra prayers for Team Kade to be strong and ready for surgery! I know ya'll are all ready to have this bag business done with so his little skin can heal! What a brave little dude! TEAM KADE!!!!