Saturday, January 7, 2012

22calorie now, but no weight gain yet.

Nothing really new to report. It does seem that he is tolerating his feeds better. It doesn't seem like he is dumping as bad when we give him the bottle feed all at once. Let's all cross our fingers and hope he is beginning to actually keep it and gain nutrition from it. Since he does seem to be doing better on that front, they increased his calories from 20cal to 22 calories. That is the first increase in calories since the surgery. They have topped him out at 26ml/hr until after the surgery. It seems like it may be next week according to once of the docs, but we won't know until after the TPN bloodwork on Monday. Dr. H was waiting on weight gain and better liver results before reconnecting him. I totally agree! He looked pretty bad this week. He was so yellow! I really think the liver must have gotten better bc he does look better and the whites of his eyes are no longer yellow yellow yellow!


I think that is about it for tonight.

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment