Friday, February 24, 2012

Short lived good news...

I don't think we will ever be able to post any good news without following it with bad news.  I called tonight and it looks like Kade's formula was increased to 28 ml/hr and it looks like he is now dumping.  UGGGGGHHHH!! I can't express how hard this is to type. This is such an emotional roller coaster ride. Right when we give good news, something bad happens again. It is not officially dumping, but every diaper they have changed has been watery so by tomorrow I am sure they will call it. 

I am not sure what this will mean. Will they start TPN again? Will they go down on feeds? Will they make him eat more cereal to maintain? We don't know. At this point, we just know that there is no tunnel, there is not light, there is just one day at a time....as you can see how quickly things can change. I will ask the doctor tomorrow to move him back down to 25 and see if he does the same thing. They have been progressing him pretty quickly, so I would like to see that slowed down just to see if it helps.

Josh and I are really looking forward to going up there tomorrow and just holding him. I only got to see him for a couple hours today and that wasn't long enough.

As always, keep the prayers coming. I wish I could say more positive things, but the last couple days between my surgery and his things have left us in a slump.  So happy he at least gets a few days break from the TPN.  His liver surely is thanking him.  Each week the liver levels get higher, so any time off TPN is time to possibly save the liver more and more.

Goodnight!
xoxo
G

3 comments:

  1. Always praying for that little sweetie of yours Gretchen....and for you all as well. Just take one day at a time, and give that cutie pie a big kiss from his cyber auntie <3 . Huge hugs to you. I pray things start to get better and stay better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :/ praying for him. maybe he wont officially hit the "dumping" territory. Waiting for a update to see how thats going. GO KADE GO! :)

    ReplyDelete