Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Progressing on the feeds well

Kade is doing really well with his feeds...THANK THE LORD!!! He is up to 40cc every three hours. They are attempting to not do the continuous feeds if we can help it.  Ideally, we want him to be on a three hour schedule and not have to hooked to a pump at all times.  So far, so good.  He is making lots of diapers and they are what they expect them to be, but no dumping.  They have increased the volume today but not the strength. He is still on 3/4 strength formula.  He is still getting Tylenol for pain as needed, but he is totally off the morphine.

I can't explain how happy this child is now that he has been reconnected.  I have never seen a baby smile and coo so much....ever!  He is such a sweet baby already, but now that he has been feeling better, he is the happiest thing ever. He is truly an inspiration to us with his strength, determination and miraculous ability to heal his once very sick little body.

Here are some videos from the last couple days. Enjoy!

This one is before he was feeling 100% and was still in his warming bed and not his crib. He still wasn't allowed to wear clothes then either.


Video from today...



We also spoke with a plastic/reconstructive surgeon today about Kade's lip.  We have been throwing the idea around of having his lip fixed PRIOR to leaving the hospital.  It is possible, but we haven't decided.  It would be very nice to be able to come home and not have to bring him to New Orleans a week or so after we leave the hospital.  We would actually be able to come home and stay home and let him heal and us adjust to our new dynamic as a family.  They have been throwing the "H" word around lately....I tend to ignore them, because every time in the past we have mentioned it, there was a major setback.  I told them let me know the day before...lol... In a perfect world, we would go home in about 3 weeks....in our world, I predict 5-7 at least. My big goal is that the bunny will pass for Kade at OUR HOUSE and not the hospital....fair enough I think!

GOKADEGO!!!!

xoxo
G

5 comments:

  1. This definitely made my day. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree totally! The video from today surely made my day also. He is just a little trooper - with all he's been through. That's MiMi's little angel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is an absolute complete blessing to everyone :) What a fighter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That boy has a lot to say not that he is feeling better! LOL! Makes my heart soar to see him happy and cooing! And, not to mention, my heart melted when I saw that you were able to FINALLY hold him and give him the loving he needed! That's why he is in such a good mood!

    GO KADE GO!!! Your cheerleader has her spirit fingers wiggling for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that makes my heart so happy :)

    ReplyDelete