Thursday, February 23, 2012

NO MORE TPN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have updated sooner, but yesterday I was in lala land.  My surgery went well. The Dr said that my gallbladder was inflamed. The surgery only took about 30-45 mins.I am feeling ok, but very sore.  People told me about the trapped gas since they  have to pump you up with air in order to get the gallbladder out.  So I have had tons of trapped gas in my shoulders and back. I never knew that could hurt that much.

In much more important news,
 KADE IS OFF OF TPN!!!

When we were about to leave the hospital, we got the call from Kade's doc that said they are going to take him off the TPN.  As long as he can gain weight and continue to not "dump" he is able to move to the next step.  Kade being off TPN is a huge deal! It is a huge leap forward.  With that being said, it is possible that if he is not able to gain or grow, he will have to get back on it.

As of last night, he weighed 10.3 (10.4 on Tuesday night, so only a small loss).

Thank you all so much for the prayers that you have sent.

 P.S.  Mimi went to see Kade this morning, since I can't go and she got a sweet video of him. Not a lot of talking but sweet!

3 comments:

  1. Gretch, I know ya'll are so over the moon with Kade being OFF TPN!!! That is tremendous! This little dude is such a fighter and an inspiration!

    Hope you get to feeling more like yourself quickly! It is crummy to have all that post op pain!

    TEAM KADE ROCKS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BROWN CHICKEN BROWN COWWWWW!!!!! such good news! Praying for continuous weight gain!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really great news! Hes precious! Hope you're recovering well! Praying things continue to progress!

    ReplyDelete