Well, bittersweet....Kade is back on TPN and he is back down to 20 calorie formula. This is bittersweet. As much as i HATE HATE HATE TPN, I know that is the only thing we can fall back on to gain weight for him. His weight tonight was 10.1 so he gained a decent amount, but he has gotten too far behind and has been stooling out much more, which means his toleration is just not there for what he is taking in. Being on TPN will allow him to gain weight quicker. The doctor said they are hoping just a week or so to allow him to get a jump start. I think that the comforting part is that we got him Monday liver labs back today and his liver looked good!! His indirect Bili Ruben was 1.2 which was high last time. His DIRECT Bili 3-4 weeks ago (which were the bad levels) was up to 4.2. Today it was 0.98. I can see hope even if we have to put him on TPN.
He sure does look mighty pale since his liver is working. He's so white!! LOL I will be going up tomorrow night or Wednesday around lunch, so don't expect an update until then. He'll be back in the Playhouse where he was by Wednesday. Thank goodness!! We can get our old routine back!!!
I'm so glad that his liver levels are DOWN!!! GOOOOO KADE!!!! Hopefully he won't be on TPN long!!!! HURRY HOME KADE!!!
ReplyDelete