I know it's mostly due to TPN, but I'll take it however we can get it. Kade gained 2oz. tonight. He now weighs 10.3!!! I want him as fat as we can get him. Lol. Who thought I'd ever say that?!?!
Kade is five months old today! I was going to take some pictures of him, but the light wasn't right today. Too much rain and not enough sun coming in his window...I wish I could say it doesn't even feel that long, but that would be a lie!! I'M READY TO GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today is World Down Syndrome Day. Five months ago, Josh and I (or many of our family and friends) wouldn't know what that was, but my oh my has our world changed. We were pretty shocked when Kade was born to say the least. We did NOT know he had Downs. We knew he had a chance of having downs. The first week of us finding out was truly a shock type thing. I knew in my heart we COULD do it, but just kept thinking we don't WANT to do it. Saying that now makes me have chills. I certainly know it won't be an easy road, but honestly I wouldn't take Kade any other way (well, minus the stomach problem, for sure). He is so young and just the happiest baby on Earth. He has made me smile many more times than cry in this last 5 months. He is the reason our whole family dynamic has and will change, but that's ok. We will make it thru this one step at a time. Everyone knows how determined, and 'gotta have it my way' I am. I think thisis why God gave us Kade. We will fight for him and get him the help, care, doctors, therapy that he needs. He will teach us something every day. So, if you would have asked me 5 months ago what was on my mind, I would tell you " I am scared to death. I can not do this!! I don't want to do this! God had no idea what he was thinking! He knows I am not patient and this is just a bad dream!!" (I think I may have said that exact thing to some of you). I think that is a natural reaction to being totally shocked about it. If you ask me today, I would say I am not TOTALLY understanding of His plan, and may never be, but I do know that our life has taken this turn for a reason and I am hopeful to learn how much joy Kade will bring to our future. I can't wait to see he and Kenli interact. I think it is going to be so funny!
Keep up the prayers that he continues to gain!!!
Thanks so much!!
Xoxo
G
This post was so uplifting on this dreary day. Thank you for putting some sunshine in my day! I needed some uplifting! :)
ReplyDeletelove love love love love this post! happy 5 months Kade! He is truly such a blessing! Not only to y'all family but to everyone who has grown to love him and believe in him and the fighter that he is! Go head Kade!!!! Gretchen you are wonder mom ... he couldnt have better parents to love him and take such good care of him. =)
ReplyDeletei'm so proud of you :)
ReplyDeleteKade has been one of the happiest and most loving babies ever in the last few days. Although he has had his ups and downs, he can smile so big and coo until it just melts your heart away. I truly feel the prayers to take away his sufferings have been answered. Holding him can make your day!!! I guess I just love him SO much. <3
ReplyDelete