Well, I have lots of news to report, but nothing really good.
I went to visit Kade yesterday morning and when they checked my temp (normal daily procedure to go to the back), I registered 99.2 which is ok as long as it isn't over 100.1. I was still uneasy about that number because I generally run 98 even. Anyways, I didn't touch him, hold him or anything. We only stayed for about 10 mins because I just felt weird being there even though it wasn't a fever. So we left....on the way home, I started feeling icky. I was achy all of a sudden. By the time I got home, I had 101 fever and then an hour later 102. I took a 3 hour nap and then woke up still feeling really yucky. When I took my temp again, it was 103.8 under my arm, which according to the urgent care doc you add a degree - a degree and a half which meant I had like 105....WOW!!! I ended up going to urgent care. They swabbed me for flu and immediately it came back positive. I called Kade's nurse right away. I was with him the entire day before! Holding him pretty much ALL DAY! Kade has not been running a low temp for days now. He had a 99 Saturday which it TOTALLY unlike him and not high to some, but considering he doesn't typically go over 97.7, it was a big deal to me.
Long story short, they swabbed Kade and he is positive as well..... :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
So now, they have moved him to an isolation quarantine room where he is a 1 on 1 nurse to baby ratio. Makes me feel much better that someone is there all day JUST to watch him. At this point, he is doing ok on his symptoms. He does have a little cough and his temp got up to 100.6. My mom was there all morning and mid afternoon and he slept the whole day. I am praying so hard that he is the baby that will just have the little cough and sleepy. Not the pneumonia, vent and other awful possibilities that can go along with a baby this size/age getting the flu....especially when I could have possibly given it to him. What could be worse!!
As of right now, his blood work came back showing infection (obviously with the flu) and good news.........drum roll please................. His liver level went down a lot!! His Biliruben was over 3 last week and they said it dropped in half!!! Praise God!!
I can't see Kade for 5-7 days. I don't know what in the world would be harder in my life. I could barely go a day when I had been sick before....how am I going to go this long?? I know I have to for his safety, but I just want to hold him and make him feel better! :((( It's just going to be so hard!! So So Hard!!
Please keep us all in your prayers more than ever! As if Kade needed anything else on his plate, something else has been added.
Thanks so much for your support!
xoxo
G
No comments:
Post a Comment