Update in Kade's night
Just called to check on my little trooper and they said he is acting his normal self. At this point, he does have a little cough but nothing terrible at all (just here and there). He is still irritable, but has been that way two weeks now. He is resting comfortably, no fever and it is possible that we caught it early enough to where he doesn't feel like me...THANK GOD!!!!! I have never had the flu and I will forever get the flu shot, I believe!
Glad to hear he is doing good and I hope you are feeling better!!
ReplyDeleteGretchen, I just read the update on Kade and his surgery. With both Angela & Hunter they both had to eat very soon after surgery. You will have to get so many CCs a day down him come hell or high water, baby food as well as every thing else, and it want be easy. Pack a suitcase and plan on being there 24/7 the first week. Take your PJs and try to make yourself as comfortable as possible as you are looking at a really hard job with very little sleep. He will have to be fed around the clock just to get what he has to have down. Worse than that you will have to use a small cup and let him drink out of the cup, or more likely you will have to pour it down him. He will not like that as he is used to being fed a different way and he has a natural desire to suck. If at all possible get some sleep before the surgery. Have your husband take off from work that week as you will need his HELP big time. When mine had their surgery they would take the tubes form the surgical tape and we would attach the cardboard cylinders to The babies gown with tape & pins. This keeps them from being able to bend their elbow and get their hands to their mouths, it makes them angry but it works. I know I though I would die of exhaustion when both had their surgery. I would not have made it without my husband with Angela as my Mom had a new baby at the time and could not come to help. With Hunter we had Angela, her husband, us and the other grandparents to help but it was still a tough row to hoe. I know you will get you and your small family through this ordeal as there is no love greater than a mothers love. You have been fighting to keep Kade since before he was born and I know you will keep up the fight until you win. There is a silver lining in this dark cloud. After the surgery and the first week is behind you then the rewards will begin. He will be a happier, healthier baby and you will be one happy mother. If you need anything let me know. I have tons of experience and I will be happy to help. Maggie
ReplyDeletePS sneak in a turkey baster, add a soft rubber tube to it and see if you can put the food in the back of his mouth. If you get the food to him in this manner he will eat it better but the doctor may not allow it. My biggest frustration was I could not get as much food down them as they wanted/needed with the cup fast enough.