So other than that, we have been doing ok since my last post. A little set back here and there, but we are praying this week will be different. We go to the weekly GI appt on Wednesday and last week he lost weight, which we knew he would because Kade has decided he would not eat. After a couple of bites, he was done. So Dr. A said immediately that he has reflux and needed Nexium. He also moved his antibiotic to Alinia. I have to say, the man knows his stuff! Within two days, Kade was back to eating and I have been feeding him more cereal than he has ever had! We have a challenge on our hands bc if Kade loses weight on Wednesday, we go back on TPN at HOME! :(((((((((((((( That is a HUGE NOOO!!! We don't want to do that! I really am confident he will gain this week, but I can't be sure. I just know I will move mountains so that he doesn't have to do TPN at home. (Reminder: TPN is the fluids that hook to Kade's central line that are made up of proteins, sugars, vitamins and are very potent. After extended use, it turns your liver into terrible shape. Some people even have permanent liver damage and even liver transplants)
Also, we had to do a couple post-op doctor appointments on Thursday and one was near Woman's. I texted Angela and told her we might make a stroll thru. I brought him and the minute we crossed the threshold of the hospital he started screaming....lool...I think he didn't want to go back! Some of his nurses came out and were so excited to see him! We even got to see one of the moms that I became close with during his stay. She has a little girl born at 24 weeks and she is a huge fighter!!!! So, we were so glad to see Angela, Mark, Debra, Ms. Sharon, Front desk workers, Shelly, Katie, Kim, Kathy, Kitzia, Renee and I know I am forgetting someone. Sorry we missed Liz & Amy. They weren't working that day. :(
He finally has his tube and broviac removal surgery set for June 12th. It should be a breeze. First, I doubt they take the broviac (central line) because of the possibility of being back on TPN so close to surgery date. Tubes are always a breeze. They give them a little anesthesia and then when they wake up there isn't any pain or anything. It is very quick which makes me feel better.
Well, I will update after our normal Home Health nurse comes with her scale that we are used to. Praying to God that he will gain weight!!!
Thanks for all the continued prayers and support!!
Here is my little helper feeding Kade. She is the only one other than me and Josh that can feed him. She is such a great big sister! She fed him great and he finished his food!
Kim and Kade on our Woman's Hospital visit. He looks so fat here and I love it!! LOL
Always has those praying hands up!
My beautiful little miracle baby! He was sitting outside watching his sister swim. He loved it



Happy Mother's Day to one of the greatest moms I know :)
ReplyDeleteoh geez i got teary eyed looking at them pictures and seeing him so happy. :) he is a miracle baby and he makes everyone who sees and hears about him smile and happy!
Delete