What a week! I wish I could say it has been better, but it has been pretty rough! Saturday, Kade was dumping. I changed his amount of food and it seemed to get better, but it was so frustrating. We hadn't changed anything and we went thru probably 12-15 diapers....it was rough. Monday, we had a great day at first. When Kenli got home, we went on a stroller ride with Kade and she rode her scooter and 4-wheeler. She had a great time (until she fell and hurt her toe) and Kade was so relaxed. We went inside after and took their baths. When I was walking out of the bathroom with Kade, I grabbed his feeding backpack and had him and all of a sudden he let out a terrible scream. I looked down and his g-button tube (feeding tube) got caught on the door handle and it ripped completely out of his belly. I WAS FRANTIC! I am typically pretty composed even when bad things happen, but since I had been responsible for this, I was absolutely scarred! I couldn't think of anyone's numbers, etc. Long story short, my mom and I took him to the ER bc I couldn't remember how to put it back in for the life of me. We stayed there 4-5 hours because while we were there, he started running a temp and with a broviac, that is a big nono. They ran bloodwork and everything came back fine, Thank GOD! So, by the time we got home around midnight, everyone was beat. Josh was working nights that night so it was really scary to have that happen and only have Kenli. Thank God for Kenli though, because she called my mom and told her to come right over.
We also had our GI appointment this week. I just knew he would have lost weight because he had lost a whole day worth of food and we weren't able to start his food back until 11pm Monday night. He had lost weight on the Home Health scale, so I figured we would do the same with GI. Oddly enough, Kade went from 12.4 - 12.11 on his scale. I am very happy about that because that should be about what he is weighing. Last weeks weigh in was off and I knew it. GI said that if he shows consistent weight gain, they will consider pulling the broviac in the next couple weeks. (hopefully when we get tubes) All in all the apt went well....more cereal, eat eat eat.
Kade absolutely HATES being in the car and not in his bed napping. He screams pretty much on and off the whole time we are out and about. We left at 10am and came back around 4 yesterday and all but about maybe 30 mins was screaming. We are starting infant massage at the wellness center. His PT really thinks this will help him out a lot. She just went to a class on it and it showed fantastic results as far as muscle tone and even weight gain. We started yesterday and he loved it! He was very calm for that!
We have been home all day so far and Kade is really enjoying it. He woke up around 7 and I fed him. I put him back in his bed and he has been zonked out ever since then. He is very content. I don't think a bomb could wake him up! Well, I am off to do more laundry and pick up this house. Kade keeps laundry flowing around here!
Pics from our stroll...


No comments:
Post a Comment