Long story short, Kade spiked a fever last Sunday (which is a no no with the central line), we brought him to the hospital and we had to stay while they were running the blood cultures. The blood cultures came back negative so there was no central line infection. However, when we were there, he got some kind of virus/cold and the whites of his eyes turned blood red and he even had pinkish tears (blood mixed with tears). It was freaky!! We started antibiotic drops and things settled down. We were finally able to come home on Thursday.
Tomorrow is his broviac removal and tube surgery. Please keep him in your prayers in the morning. We are praying this will be the answer to all the hearing issues!! God, I hope he can hear crystal clear after this!!! I know he can hear some things, but definitely not everything!!
I have some cute videos and pics from the week I will put up when I have more time. I have to get to bed. I have to wake up at 5am and for anyone who knows me, that is damn near impossible!!
Update as soon as we can tomorrow!
xoxo
G
Kade doing his Tiger Roar...this is an inside joke with the nurses at the hospital. They loved when he did this. He woke up the other morning and did this for 25 mins.... :)
He was being a silly little booger at supper tonight! So sweet!! I could just eat him up!!
Working on that head control....he has come a long way!!! He really likes this exercise! We have had to do this pretty much ourselves since Early Steps has still not come... (thats a whole different story that makes smoke come out of my ears) but we are getting PT about once a week, thanks to Nanette! She is great!! This video should make her proud! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment