Friday, June 1, 2012

No scope today! :)

Kade did not end up having his scope today.  I called the doc yesterday and told them how good his weight gain had been and that he only was having 4-6 poops a day and I didn't want to do it unless absolutely necessary.  They agreed we can hold off for now! I was super excited!! I just did not have a good feeling about that scope. I was too nervous to the point I was making myself sick! I just think we need to minimize the amount of "procedures" that Kade has done.

Home health came today and weighed him and my little piglet weighed 13.9!!!!!! That is a 4oz. gain since Wednesday. This is HUGEEE in Kade's world. This is the child it takes at least a month to gain a pound, most of the time 2 months. Most importantly, he is gaining this weight WITHOUT ANY TPN!!! That is such a miracle!!! He is such a little fighter and he is determined to beat the odds!!!

Our WONDERFUL Physical Therapist, Nanette, came over today. I really feel that God puts special people in your lives to make your really hard situation just a little easier.  She is that person. She ADORES Kade and even better, he is mesmerized with her. He listens to her talk when she tries to calm him down and he truly doesn't do better with anyone else!  She gets him to do things that we can't make him do. She was happy about his head control this morning. She says it looks like he is getting stronger. He sat up in his bumbo with his toy tray for about 7 mins unassisted! That is so wonderful for him, because he still has issues holding his head for long periods of time. She even mentioned that when he gets his Broviac out (on June 12th) that he can start going to Aqua Tots on Saturday mornings at the Wellness Center. She says that he would do wonderful in the water. I am glad we have a pool because she is ready to teach us some exercises and we are going to work those muscles while having fun!! I sure hope he likes the water!!

Other than that, I am having a girl's night tonight and could be more excited!! My wonderful Shaw friends are meeting me for dinner! I sure miss seeing those girls every day but I am so thankful that we are able to keep in touch!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

We had to go to the Apple store and he was so good!!  He really likes being outside!


Sitting by the pool
This is my favorite picture to date! I love this little guy so much and he loves me just as much!!!
AHHH I LOVE HIM HOME!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment