Saturday, April 14, 2012

WOW! OVer 10,000 page views

When I started this blog back in November, it was basically to keep our family and friends informed so we wouldn't have to text, email and call everyone with every little update...I can't believe this page has had almost 11,000 views!! Thank you all so much for your continued prayers and support!!

Kade update:
A lot has happened since last Friday when I updated.  Kade's lip has healed up very nicely! He still has a few spots in his nose that are scabbed, but they will look great pretty soon.  I think Dr. Dean did a great job. Dr. Alberti came in on Monday to check things out. They decided to take him off TPN, introduce turkey (which smells like cat food....yuuuuck!), and his veggies again. He is still on his bananas each time he eats if he wants them.  He usually eats 3-4 times a day unless he is being moody like today! They also decided to rotate the anitbiotics that keep the bacterial overgrowth under control in his belly.  So, every two weeks they will rotate between Flagyl, Levaquin, and Bactroban (I am sure I misspelled those terribly....MOM). His dumping has been pretty much under control.  No water, thanks to the antibiotics but I do think he is getting a belly ache here and there.  We are trying to reintroduce the bottle, but he has no idea what to do with it. He can not figure out how to swallow without his hands in his mouth....Hopefully, when we get home, I can work with him a lot more.  Did I mention I am SOOOOO ready to go home...

I get asked at least 3 times a day "Have they said when you can go home??" My answer is always...nope and I don't really want to know.  They have mentioned the "H" word many more times than I have put on this blog and each time we have been let down.  It is no secret that Kade writes his own book....but it is now becoming a novel!  Our 6 month mark is April 21. Never could I have imagined we would all make it this far....we have made it and hopefully this nightmare of hospitals, surgeries and going in circles will soon be over somewhat.  I think we can all agree, we just want him HOME!!! But to go back to the top of the paragraph, I do NOT want him home before he needs to be home. There would be nothing more devastating than getting home finally and having to turn right back around and go back 2 weeks later.  So when the docs say we may be able to go home soon, I just ignore them, because Kade has the final say.

He is getting a lot stronger thanks to some great nurses constantly working him out. His endurance over the last month has doubled I would say.  When Liz or Angela are there during the day, he only gets in the bed to nap most of the time...and sometimes, he naps on the floor. He has been playing with all his toys and getting lots of tummy time. I am so lucky to have some of the best day and night nurses I could hope for!!

Well, I am sorry for the 10 day span between updates, but Josh left for Texas Easter Sunday for a work trip and Kenli and I went to the beach for a girl's trip with Ju, Brandi, Olivia, Kirsten & Kenli.  Big thanks to Aunt Judy, Uncle Wayne, and Uncle Emery for getting us down there to go and having a great, RELAXING time. I certainly didn't realize how much I needed it until I saw the water and started crying...lol!! SUCH A WEENIE!!!  hahaaa...but truly, as much as I missed Kade for a couple days, I know I needed to do that for both of us before he came home.  It was so nice to sit in the sand and just listen to the water...EXACTLY what I have been telling Josh I wanted to do!!  MiMi & BB were on call for Kade and kept him company. They are the best!!

Well, I will try and post some pictures soon.

Keep praying!!

xoxo
G

No comments:

Post a Comment