Kade is doing better each day. He gained 40g tonight. His target gain is 15g per day. We have started doing our wagon rides around the NICU. At first, he was scared but now he just relaxes and enjoys every bit of it! He is so adorable! All the nurses love to see him on his daily rounds and he just sits back and soaks up all the love!! When I get to my phone, I will post the pictures.
Josh fed Kade today for the second time since birth and he did GREAT! I fixed him more than he normally eats (which takes me 30ish mins to feed him) and Josh fed him in about 13 mins and it only came out of his nose once!!! That is a record! Bc of his palate issue, his food coming out of his nose is unfortunately a regular occurrence.
Kade will be 6 months old on Saturday! Wish I could say it doesn't feel that long, BUT IT DOES!!!! LOL I am just ready for him to be home with us so we can snuggle on him all the time! In the words of the respiratory therapist today, "He has such a sweet sweet presence. He is just the most lovable, chilled out baby we have ever had him and we are all going to be so sad when he goes home! The playhouse (his room) has a revolving door every day for everyone to get their fill on some Kade lovin....EVEN THE CLEANING LADY!!" I thought that was so sweet, but it's so true! I am truly going to miss so many people up there. They are the only people I can just ramble off things about Kade that are concerning me about Kade or anything dealing with medical issues down the road and they just GET IT! No one else can do that, because it is like Josh and I are walking medical books when it comes to Kade's condition and no one else is supposed to get it. As happy as we will be to leave, I will be a BASKET CASE!!!! (Yes, Brenda Sue, tears are falling now!)
Goodnight everyone and thanks so much for the continued prayers!!
xoxo
G
go head Kade! so happy to read this post!! i cant wait to see pictures of his wagon ride :)
ReplyDelete